Your attendance at this open meeting June 21-22, 2022 will help us continue to build the BRAIN community and provide a forum for discussing exciting scientific developments and potential new directions, and to identify areas for collaboration and research coordination.
Share your science at the 8th Annual BRAIN Initiative Meeting: Open Science, New Tools taking place June 21-22, 2022! Plans are currently underway for this meeting and we expect to open the registration website in January 2022. There you will find more details about the meeting program, abstract submission process, and the tentative hybrid nature of this year’s meeting.
We value your research and innovative technologies so this year’s meeting will provide several opportunities and formats for you to present. We’re working to ensure you can join us safely in-person or virtually this year and hope to confirm if this will be a hybrid event no later than March 2022. Attendees may submit proposals and abstracts to present via symposia or poster sessions. Additionally, we will be accepting submissions for awards that highlight the wonderful work of our trainees. Registration and submissions for symposia, posters, and awards will open in January! Check back for the meeting website here.
Mark your calendars with the key submission dates below as you start to brainstorm your proposals:
- Symposia abstract submissions close on or about February 18, 2022 (11:59 PM EST)
- Proposals should include: Title, list of speakers, session format, intended audience, anticipated impact and theme, justification of timeliness, and incorporation of neuroethics and diversity representation.
- Trainee highlight awards abstract submissions close on or about March 31, 2022 (11:59 PM EST)
- Abstracts should include: Title, co-authors (the trainee MUST be the primary author and presenter), information on parent BRAIN project/lab (federal or non-federal), and outline of the trainee’s unique and specific scientific contributions.
- One submission per trainee is permitted.
- General abstract submissions close on or about May 16, 2022 (11:59 PM EST)
- Abstracts should include: Title, authors (primary poster presenter should be able/willing to participate in-person upon confirmation of hybrid event), information on BRAIN Project/Grant/Lab (federal or non-federal), and outline of research.
- Abstracts outlining Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts are also encouraged.
Registration and submission portals may be accessed through one, integrated system and registration will be required to submit any symposium proposal or abstract.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to the meeting organizers at BrainInitiativeConferences@mail.nih.gov
This is a public event, so please feel free to share the news with your networks. We look forward to your participation next June – please SAVE THE DATES!